Saturday, March 12, 2011

Snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park


Back in January (I know, forever ago!!) a friend of ours came to visit, Phil Cohen of Cohen Architectural Woodworking, and brought along some members of his crew. We went up to Rocky Mountain National Park and some of us went snowshoeing. Some of the others just played in the snow at Bear Lake.
Sid, myself, and our new friends Darla and Jon hiked up to Bierstadt Lake, and when we took a rest at the side of the icy lake- we met some more new friends!!!
It was pretty phenomenal to be able to interact with the birds like this, let me tell you! I was scared at first, but eventually I put my hand out and made a couple new friends too. ;)

It was such a beautiful day, and we were blessed by the most amazing sunset on our way back down from Bierstadt Lake.
And right before we reached the bottom, Sid took a fun shot of me laughing at him. The sky was so gorgeous, all lit up with pink and purple. I adore living here so much!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Yeah, it was crazy the way they were flocking us! There were probably 5 of them. They were really cute!

    ReplyDelete