Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lately...


So I haven't blogged in quite a while! I've been pretty busy with work and recently one of my best friends (Rachel) moved back to Switzerland. I was getting in all the time with her that I could before she left.
I accompanied her on a long drive West, where she shipped her car home and then flew there herself a couple days later. We had a blast and enjoyed the last bit of time we had together.










We drove from Denver, west through Colorado, through lots of tunnels (I love tunnels!) and through some BEAUTIFUL scenery. I visited Utah for the first time, and we briefly drove through the corner of Arizona and finally reached our first day of driving's destination- Vegas!


We walked down the strip and back for a while but were VERY sleepy, so we went back to our hotel room and crashed. The next day we set out for our final destination- Los Angeles!

I had the great pleasure of introducing Rachel to my friend Gloria, who lives in LA, and also meeting Gloria's man! :) We went to dinner and walked along the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.

We wanted to walk out along the pier but the weather was so foggy we could not even see the ocean, and could barely see the pier!

The next morning I flew home to CO but we drove along the PCH for a little while before I caught my flight. I finally got to see the ocean! :) Unfortunately, we were in a bit of a hurry so I didn't snap any photos with my camera, just the cell phone.

Some day I'll be back though!


Thanks Gloria, for being such a fabulous host! It was so great to see you and catch up!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a blast! I looovve Santa Monica and Malibu. I'd stay at Pepperdine every year for a few years because my parents' singing group would perform there. I spent a lot of time in that area. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast, even though it was short! :) I can't wait to visit again!

    ReplyDelete